Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Cultural Crossroads-a Celebration


  Like any community, Yellowknife is both a function and product of its complex history,  a cultural crossroads. Unlike many communities, Yellowknife acknowledges, celebrates and honors its multiple cultural threads in at least some of its public art. Each day as I walk to work, I pass a display that I first noticed last July when I was briefly in town for the 14th International Congress on Circumpolar Health.  It caught my attention and fancy way back then; familiarity over the past few months has bred nothing but increased fondness for both the idea expressed and its evocative execution on the local landscape.  See what you think.  Enjoy. 

What would a similar artistic collaboration look like in your neck of the woods?........




Open Pages of History
Solid Foundations


Shared Tracks over Time
Weaving Community


Cultural Mosaic
 Shared Reflections

No comments:

Post a Comment